To become a world-class institutions contributing
towards developing entrepreneurial and managerial
talents at the local, regional, national and international
level by acquiring, processing, generating and
disseminating knowledge in the area of Management.
To mold people into better human beings through
Value Based Education.
- Unselfishness Responsibility
- Total built up area: 43,258.00 sq. feet
- Theatre style classrooms with audio-visual facilities and Internet connectivity
- Centrally governed public address system
- Wi-fi Internet Connectivity
- Computer lab with state-of-the-art computing facilities
- Rich library having Internet connectivity and access to INFLIBNET
- Communication Lab
- Sustainable eco-friendly green design
- Double height entrance foyer with landscape elements within
- Earthquake resistant structural design
Message from the hon’ble vice chancellor
The Department of Business and Industrial Management is the oldest University Department of Management in Gujarat. A team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members facilitate the learning process by engaging the participants with a mix of pedagogical tools. We believe in holistic development of the participants to our Programme. Industrial visits, trekking, visit to Organizations like Brahmakumaris, BSF Headquarters Barmer and Adani group mundra and competitive events to name a few are steps in the direction. The Department for the last forty nine years has been instrumental in molding people to become better human beings and to take up responsible positions in society. . The University as also the Department believes in industry-department collaborations. We have tie-ups with Industry Associations, Local Government Bodies and various Public and Private sector Organizations. Leadership qualities are inculcated in the participants so that they thrive in the VUCA environment and become contributing members of the society. Endeavors are made to bring about a change in their perspective about business, to see things in new ways and new perspectives. Department of Business and Industrial Management
GENESIS and GROWTH of the Department
1970 • Commencement of the Diploma in Business & Industrial Management.
1991 • Evening Diploma Programme converted into three-yeor MBA Evening Programme.
2004 • Started an independent two-year full-fime MBA Programme in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
1977 • Started two-year full time MBA Programme.
2001 • Increse in intake from 60 to 120 students.
2011 • Introduced Choice Based Credit System(CBCS) with Provision of Global Option.
2016 • Introduced Diploma in International Business Management
- Two-year (Full-Time) MBA Programme
- Three-year (Evening) MBA Programme for working executives
- Research Programmes
- To generale o body of knowledge pertaining to successful Indian Management Practices through research and consultancy.
- To consolidate and strengthen the facilities for research studies in the field of business & industrial management. .
- To work as a “Change Agent” to local industries/organizations.
- To provide support to the faculty, staff and students for their development and growth enabling the institute lo be more effective in its teaching, research and extension activities