|The faculty at the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication includes academic experts as well as industry experts providing a balance of theory and practical aspects. The programmes have Core Faculty and Visiting Faculty including Media experts.
Head of Department, Associate Professor
1. Dr Kalpana Rao, Head and Associate Professor, PhD in Women and Television, Masters in Communication and Journalism, Area of interest: Print media, television, media and women.
2. Dr Kiran Mittal, PhD in Social Medi, Area of interest: Digital media, Radio and Television.Visiting Faculty
- Dr Manoj Sharma, PhD, Assistant Professor, Dept of Sociology, VNSGU.
- Ms Toral Dalal, BMM (Mumbai Uni) Diploma in PR and CC, MS, Business Management (UK)
- Dr Hetal Chauhan, PhD, Assistant Professor, MTB Arts College VNSGU
- Ms Twinkle Desai, Asst. Prof, Deptt. of Law, VNSGU
- Mr B. A. Patel, ME (ECE),
- Shri Nilay Puranik, M A (Mass Comm), Audio-Video Editor, Music Producer, Sound Engineer
- Shri Ashok Patel, Sr. Journalist, Sandesh
- Ms Shweta Singh, MDC, former Subeditor-Sports Writer, The Times of India
- Ms Khyati Joshi, Bureau Chief, Janmabhoomi Group.
- Shri Faysal Bakili, Correspondent, Chitralekha
- Shri Bakul Taylor, Senior Journalist, Columnist, Gujarat Mitra
- Shri Harish Gurjar, Senior Journalist
- Shri Prashant Kapadia, Senior Crime Reporter, Gujarat Samachar,
- Shri Devang Rawal, ex Production Head, Radio City and Big FM
- Ms, Pratiksha Dave, M A Mass Comm, RJ, My FM
- Shri Prateek Bhalawala, M A Mass Comm, Dip in Cinematography, LV Prasad Film Institute, Chennai, Freelance Cinematographer.
- Shri Mihir Chevli, M A (Mass Comm) Social Media Account Manager and Professional Photographe.r
- Shri Vatsal Jariwala, M A (Mass Comm), Freelance Photographer and Videographer